What an explosive decision this week for my Fantasy Friday destination. This place is a true fantasy for me. As a Geography teacher, imagine all the different physical features that I would be running to see. Iceland has really been on my mind since I learned about this place in high school. I would actually be able to SEE the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. How cool! I can just see myself attempting the jump from one tectonic plate to the other, “look mom! I am on the North American plate, oh wait..not now, the Eurasian plate!”…
Anyway. Here are some ideas of what I would like to do and see:
1. Float around in a geothermal bath at The Blue Lagoon, where ” “Conde Nast Traveller” voted Blue Lagoon as the best medical spa worldwide.”
2. Embark on a week long hiking trip, so that I can fulfil my dream of standing between 2 tectonic plates
3. Go whale watching in Húsavík
4. Check out the various glaciers in the region
5. See the popular Eyjafjallajökull and Grímsvötn volcanoes.
Ok, when can I go??!!