It looks more and more likely that there might be camping involved in my summer plans this year. I really would love to make a trip out to Yellowstone, and instead of putting myself up in expensive hotels, I would rather save the money and give camping a try.
I think the last time I went camping was in Morocco, and I loved it. Although I slept on the pointiest rocks I have ever encountered, and a mouse ran out of my friends sleeping bag in the middle of the night, and I had to go to the washroom behind a rock, it was a wonderful experience and I would love to do it again.
So my mission right now is to track down some (hopefully free) camping equipment. What do I have? What will I need? Where will I get equipment if I cannot borrow it from a friend?
Here is what I have:
- camping pillow
- sleeping bag
- air matress
- a cooler
- old magazines and matches for a fire
- trash bags
- dish soap
- containers/pots/utensils/cups/paper towels
- bug repellant/sunscreen
- first aid kit
- air pump
What I will need:
- stove/charcoal/bbq grill
Where can I get it?
- Hopefully a friend
- Canadian Tire – Look at this tent on sale!
- Wholesale Sports – Another good tent on sale here.
- La Cordee – has just what I need here 🙂
- Mountain Equipment Co-op – hmm, don’t think I would rent a tent, I could buy one for those prices! But the hammock looks neat here.
I also found this great camping checklist of everything you should prepare for and everything you should pack here.