My friend has returned from her life of gorgeous scenery and amazing travels from Switzerland. She is here for a 2 week visit to our fair city of Toronto and I was just looking up some authentic food that I could cook for her from the beautiful country of Switzerland…
What about this recipe? Looks quite interesting from this webpage:
Recipe for Wurstsalat (Sausage Salad)
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 1 bundle red radish, cut into slices
- 2 carrots, cut into slices
- 100 g (0.22 pounds) Emmentaler cheese, cut into small pieces
- 100 g (0.22 pounds) Greyerzer cheese, cut into small pieces
- 100 g (0.22 pounds) Tilsiter cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 cervelas (pork sausage, not cooked or grilled, just raw), cut into slices
- ½ cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 4 potatoes, cooked, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 onion, hacked
- 1 piece of garlic, pressed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon spices
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 1 or 2 eggs, cooked hard
- 2 tomatoes
- Chive, cut into small
- Put the vegetables and the cheese in a bowl and mix them well.
- Make the sauce with all the ingredients mentioned above, from pepper to oil and stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the salad and mix well.
- Peal the eggs and cut them into slices.
- Cut the tomatoes and use them together with the eggs for decoration.
- Pour the chive over the salad.
I am not sure how I “hack” an onion though. Looks a bit intense. I also have a strong feeling that my friend will be craving for this fine and diverse Toronto cuisine. Good idea, but I think I will stick to something like a sandwich or a burger!