Someone was recently asking about a cheap and clean place to stay in Florence, which can sometimes be quite expensive. When I was there last summer, my travel partner and I actually extended our stay in that fine city partly because of a hostel called Archi Rossi.
It had everything we needed:
1. Clean. The walls were filled with graffiti but it added to the awesome character of the building. You can find my name somewhere on the second floor I believe…..
2. Helpful staff. They gave us directions and tips when needed and gladly kept re-booking us as we decided to stay “just one more night”.
3. Free internet, including a computer in the room.
4. Nice big rooms, including a pretty courtyard to hang out in.
5. Free breakfast, which was actually decent. I miss the yogurt and granola that became my standard when staying there.
6. Great location! It was very close to the train station, which was our means of entry and escape. Also close to the duomo and the leather market….mmm shoes….