These are the keys we used this summer when heading off for a month and a half on a camping trip to the Rocky Mountains. Although the majority of the time we were camping, my boyfriend and I decided that setting up a tent for about 6 hours of sleep when we had to pack it up the next day early early would not be ideal.
So we ended up staying in a total of 10 hotels in a month and a half. Cheapness was our goal if you can’t tell by the list:
1. Quality Inn – Battle Creek, Michigan: Average…
2. Ramada – Kearney, Nebraska: Very nice, newly renovated!
3. Super 8 – Dubois, Wyoming: Old
4. Super 8 – Cody, Wyoming: Old
5. C’mooooon Inn – Missoula, Montana: Best hotel EVER! I love the name. It was actually very nice with 6 hot tubs and a pool! I could only stay in the hot tub for 3 minutes since it was set at 100F and it was 100F outside. Phew!
6. Econolodge – Canmore, Alberta: Very nice! It had a fire place and a patio that we could walk out to a grassy yard. Also a kitchen just in case we had any desire to cook in Canmore….
7. Motel 6 – Sheridan, Wyoming: Brand new, pretty nice for a Motel 6. Make sure you bring your own shampoo!
8. Super 8 – Rapid City, South Dakota: Old.
9. EconoLodge – La Crosse, Wisconsin: This was a remodeled school house. I felt sad staying here because it reminded me that I had to go back to teach again soon. Used priceline.com here, $50….great steal!
10. Hilton – Chicago, Illinois: We stayed here in April, loved the rooms and the lobby. Great location across from Grant Park. Used priceline.com here too, great deal at $60! But parking was an extra $40, ouch.