I just saw an article on the site touropia promoting the top ten tourists attractions in the USA and was curious what my “score” would be for attractions visited.
Here’s the list:
10. The White House. Ok, haven’t seen it, but I am sure I will some day…
9. Denali National Park. I dream about going there, does that count? It might actually be in the works for next summer. A trip starting in Alaska, through Alberta, all the way down to Grand Teton National Park.
8. Las Vegas Strip. Check! It was quite spectacular, so lively and colourful.
7. The Florida Keys. Soon I bet. I have been to Florida about 9 or 10 times, but never further south than Naples.
6. Kilauea. CHECK! Loveeee love loveeeed it! I took a geoscience course in Hawaii a few years ago and studied the volcano in detail.
5. Niagara Falls. Check! I live about 1.5 hours away from them and have been there countless times, although mostly on the Canadian side of the border.
4. Golden Gate Bridge. Check! Loved San Francisco and was able to walk across the bridge on a nice sunny/windy day. What fun!
3. Yellowstone. CHECK! Just got back about a month and a half ago. Sigh….can I go back right now?
2. Manhattan. Check! I’m on a roll now. New York is one of my favorite cities, and I cannot wait to go back on a long weekend to make friends with the city again.
1. Grand Canyon. Not yet. Does the Grand Canyon of Yellowstone count? I’ve heard it’s just as spectacular. Maybe I will have to include a visit to the canyon next summer…
Six out of ten, not good enough! Time for me to go ‘splorin!