Yuck, I woke up this morning and greeted my dog with a sneeze fest. I suppose it’s about that time…
I am thinking that I need to consume vast amounts of soup this week, and I am thinking that my boyfriend should help me out with this Indian soup:
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 400g)
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp Madras curry paste, patted with paper towel to remove excess oil
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- green apple, cilantro and fresh lime for garnish
- Remove excess fat from chicken, then slice into thin strips. Combine with rice, garlic, curry paste, ginger, salt, saffron and cinnamon stick in slow-cooker insert. Pour in 5 cups water. Stir until mixed. Cook on low until chicken is very tender, about 8 hours.
- Stir in apple juice, coconut milk and green onion. Remove cinnamon stick before serving. Garnish with grated apple, cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Soup will keep well, refrigerated, up to 2 days, or up to 1 month in freezer.
Nothing like a little spice to clear out my congestion!