Welcome to Thailand. And to my obsession with soup. This Saturday I would like to try something new in the soup world. Something exotic….so my attempt this week will be:
150 gms Thai Fragrant Rice
100 gms Chicken Breast
800 ml Water
5 Garlic Cloves
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper Corns
1 Chicken Stock Cube
50 gms Coriander Leaves
20 gms Ginger Root
1 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
1. Boil the water with chicken stock cube.
2. Mince the chicken together with the garlic, salt, and pepper corns in a blender.
3. Form into balls of meat with a teaspoon and drop into the boiling water.
4. Add the rice into the boiling pan and simmer for 15 minutes – stirring frequently.
5. Add the fish sauceand cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. Slice the ginger into fine slices and add to the soup.
7. When you serve the soup add the fried garlic, chilli flakes, sugar, a little vinegar and some coriander. Each guest can choose the flavourings they want to use.
I am drooling….