Aside from being my sister birthday yesterday, it was also celebration time with my boyfriend as we have been together for 2 whole years!
Happy anniversary dude! (so romantic).
No cooking for me today, just reenacting our first date today!
Here is the place we met and shared a plate o frites:
Ahhh the memories!
Thanks S. for introducing me to Yellowstone, for inspiring me and motivating me, and for all the fabulous food (DEEP DISH PIZZA)!
Well, March Break is now over and it’s time to get back into the classroom and teach like there is no tomorrow…
Stuffed chicken with goat cheese
Unfortunately I did not have an opportunity to travel as my bank account is holding on to my money until the summer, but I did have a nice relaxing time in Toronto.
Aside from wandering around the city as the gorgeous weather dictated us to partake in, one of the other main forms of entertainment over the past 2 weeks, my boyfriend and I experimented with our culinary skills in the kitchen.
Let’s see – what did we make:
1. Fish tacos (with spicy basa fish) (boy)
2. Greek stew (me)
3. Mussels with spicy tomato sauce (we like spice!) (boy)
4. Stuffed portabello mushroom caps with roasted rosemary garlic potato fingers (me)
5. Stuffed chicken with goat cheese and asparagus on a bed of garlic kale (me)
6. Homemade deep dish pizza (from scratch – all of it!) (boy) – we had this twice, as it was – in my opinion – as good as Giordano’s in Chicago
7. Scotch Pie (me)
8. Seafood pasta with garlic bread (boy)
9. Australian style mussels (me)
10. Carolina style ribs with cornbread, corn and green beans (boy)
11. Seasoned flank steak fatijas with homemade pico de gallo and guacamole (boy)
The other thing I did a lot of over the break was WORK OUT. Much needed after a few heavy meals!